Sponsor a Child for Education Program? SCEP
Schools for India is adopting various schools in rural India to provide high quality education and enable better infrastructure.
We are supporting schools run by charitable organizations who charge very minimal fees.
Most of the students come from marginalized communities and they are not able to pay even the basic tuition fees.
This creates a very difficult situation for the school management in paying teachers’ salaries and maintaining the infrastructure and upgrading class rooms. As having qualified teachers is the key for providing high quality education, it is imperative that the school provides decent salaries to these teachers.
As fund raising is becoming increasingly difficult and costly, Schools for India has come up with an innovative concept having private individuals sponsor a specific child in a particular school. The sponsorship shall cover the tuition fees, support specialized faculty, and help in upgrading infrastructure and overall school maintenance.
Selection of a School:
How do you select a School for partnership?
Schools for India evaluates schools run by reputed charitable organisations but need support in upgrading the school infrastructure but unable to charge more fees as the students are unable to pay.
Schools for India, signs an MoU with the selected organization and starts the process of identifying the students who deserve to be supported.
How do you select a child for sponsorship?
We select a student based on the following:
01. A child who is an orphan
02. A child who has a single parent
03. A child who comes from a broken family
04. A child who comes from an economically backward family
Can I choose a particular child from a particular school?
We will give the donor the options to choose a particular school and a child from a given list. We understand that some donors prefer to sponsor a child or school which is close to their location. We also encourage donors to support and sponsor more than one child.
How do I sponsor a child?
Those who would like to sponsor a child shall,
01. send an email to
with full name, address and mobile phone number,
02. Schools for India team will contact you to discuss in detail,
03.Once a particular child has been identified, you will receive an email with the details,
04. You can go through the Donate link in the
website for transferring the payment.
05. Once the payment is done successfully, Schools for India will send you the receipt along with the student details
06. You will also get access to Google drive folder in which all the information will be kept.
How do I know that the money really goes to that particular child?
The following documentation is provided for each sponsorship.
- Parent/Guardian consent letter to the donor for supporting the child
- Payment receipt from the School for the money transfer from Schools for India Trust
- Payment receipt from Schools for India for the sponsorship amount
Can I get regular update about the school and the child ?
Yes, you can get on-demand information and also once a year school update as well.
Can I avail tax exemption for the donation?
Yes, all donations made to Schools for India Trust are tax exempt, under section 80G.